About donating artifacts
The Foss Waterway Seaport welcomes queries from those who desire to donate or loan objects, art, photos, or papers to our exhibit presentations. If you have items for our consideration, please contact the Seaport’s Curator of Collections, Joseph Govednik at j [dot] govednik [at] fosswaterwayseaport [dot] org for more information. For artifacts, please attach a digital photograph of the item(s) to be considered.
No unsolicited deliveries, please. Donations are tax-deductible.
Objects the Seaport would be interested in receiving would include:
- Vessels, small craft, and any objects salvaged from vessels historically tied to Puget Sound;
- Historic records, books, ships logs, artwork, photographs, and personal accounts of Puget Sound maritime significance;
- Reproductions and models of vessels historically tied to Puget Sound;
- Selected railroad and timber-related artifacts related to Puget Sound commerce and maritime trade;
- Objects that could be used for demonstrative and educational purposes relating to maritime equipment, trade and safety.